1. Access criteria
1. Membership criteria for participation in the group:
- AIESEC alum, former AIESECer who have been to any AIESEC committee of any country for over 1 year.
- Former AIESEC trainee (intern or program’s social volunteer) who had active and mutually respectful interaction with AIESEC.
- Former AIESEC traineeship (internship) candidate who actively and positively collaborated with AIESEC for over 1 year.
- Current AIESECer who has already been with AIESEC for over 1 year.
- Other active associate to AIESEC Alumni Association, participated in conferences, congresses of any countries many times, so on.
- Former and existing AIESEC partner/contrubutor who had actively and positively collaborated with AIESEC for over 1 year.
- Anyone who might not strictly meet (though partially meets) the criteria for participation in AIESEC, but was previously admitted to the group and for a long time, actively and positively participated in the community (congresses, conference, etc.).
2. We use the word «alumni» in its original meaning (former attendant or involved participant of any form), not equal synonymous with «graduate» (not used at all). Anyone who has already spent a fair amount of time with AIESEC or/and the alumni community, bringing value with their participation and positive interaction, can be called «AIESEC Alumni».
3. All admitted participants (except current AIESECers) of the group are named «AIESEC Alumni».
4. All group members have equal rights and participation opportunities.
2. General rules and statements
1. Maintain Correct Attitude to Using the Group
- Before making a post/comment, always ask yourself if it is informative, useful, constructive and respectful to others.
- The group is not an appropriate tool for solving very specific personal and local requests. Please do correct handling to the audience: multi-cities, and -countries, business-specific and business-to-business-oriented, significant matters, so on.
- We also don’t allow posts/comments with meaningless content, as well as identical/similar posts/comments that are made several times. This can be very boring to others.
2. No Hate Speech, Bullying, Insults and Affronts
- Make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying, trolling of any kind isn’t allowed. Degrading comments about things like race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated.
- Insults, affronts, take-downs are not allowed. You’ll be banned or your publication will be deleted from the group if you make attacks, offensive or accusing comment against moderator/admin, any alum, group of alumni, their country or social group.
3. Respect Personality and Everyone’s Privacy
- Being part of this group requires mutual trust. Authentic, expressive discussions make groups great, but may also be sensitive and private. What’s shared in the group should stay in the group.
- Please make a personal requests correctly. Appeals to a specific group member, his/her affiliate(s) with aggressive criticism, challenge, blaming, belittling of achievements and merits, humiliation, unpleasant sarcasm or comparison are not allowed.
- All opinions will be treated with mutual respect, unless they violate the group’s rules. Treat your fellow Facebook group members with that same respect.
4. No Blame, Toxic Discussions or Starting Conflicts
- Blaming anyone in the group, inciting, provoking and allusion conflicts on the topic of «governing» national alumni groups (chats, etc.), state politics, confrontations, criticism of moderation or other toxic discussions are prohibited in this group.
- Please avoid criticism leading to conflicts that upset the group’s positive and trustful atmosphere. Every day we are subject to a truckload of critics. Having critics is good; we will not intervene because of substantive criticism that is constructive and respectful. However, we will not allow critics that, in our opinion, are meant to damage the community or it’s platforms (channels) and/or to distort the atmosphere. These should be pursued offline through direct communication with the admins/moderators.
5. Please No Links to Other Private Facebook and Other Social Network Groups
- We do a titanic, everyday work to unite alumni and are interested in maintaining the community’s constancy. All links to other private Facebook and other social networks’ private (closed, requiring additional registrations) groups, chats, channels will be deleted without notification.
- Posts/comments that are directly or indirectly aimed, including by part of their text, at dragging (inviting) the audience to other channels and groups of any social networks are prohibited.
6. No Collection of Money or Marketing Polls
- Any fundraising, even for charitable purposes, without pre-approval by admins, is prohibited.
- It’s also prohibited to use (without pre-approval by admins) the group’s strength to collect private/personal/contact data through marketing and social surveys. Please use private messages via Members chapter.
7. Maintain Informational Hygiene
- No naked links or silent posting external content. Any link placement must be accompanied by a text message targeted at the audience of the group, include an appeal and a description of how this content relates to the group members, what is its benefit to the members.
- Inactual or non-working links to de deleted. Please note that all posts with inactive or inactual content links are deleted upon detection. Please ask admins for information if you find your post has vanished. Public whining and violent complaints are not acceptable.
- No foul language. There will be no cursing, filthy language in this group – ever. It also includes any statement that the group admin deems inappropriate in nature.
- Incorrect language. We don’t allow comments that contain degraded language, too many mistakes in grammar and spelling. Please re-read your comment before posting to make sure your message doesn’t contain any major errors. The (frequent) use of caps locks can make you a screamer, which also may result in a ban or block.
8. No Spamming or Advertising of Products (Services)
- We don’t allow posts/comments that mainly promote the sale of particular products (services) of organizations that have no partnership designed to promote the community in agreed and equivalent way. Be aware that regular, systemic posting information/discussions on the same business and its products (services) needs to be justified to the admins, or it will be considered advertsing spam.
- We recommend each participant conducting a self-evaluation of his/her activity in the group and not allowing pure consumer attitude towards the group’s strength without an equal beneficial return, developing the group.
9. Responsible Use of Attention
Respect the group’s other members’ time. Please avoid personal commenting (concerning only two or a very limited number of participants) in the public space. If someone mentions you by name please respond directly to that person on the same post. If the comment is inflammatory please report it to the group admin.